Although I love the 12 Days of Christmas gifts, it can get complicated & expensive, but it doesn't have to be.
Sometimes, it's the smallest things that mean the most to people, so I'm here to challenge you this year.
I've come up with 12 people who you can write a note to. Make this a note that shows your appreciation & love for this person.
Not all of these people will be easy to write kind words to, but I promise if you follow through, you & they will both feel happier.
1. Someone who you have known for years.
2. Someone who taught you something.
3. Someone who you might have offended.
4. Someone who you have always appreciated, but never told.
5. Someone who you will never forget.
6. Someone who has helped you at the hardest time in your life.
7. Someone who has given you the most wisdom.
8. Someone who makes you laugh.
9. Someone who has hurt you (& you are trying to forgive).
10. Someone who you normally wouldn't thank. (need ideas?)
11. Someone who made a difference in your childhood.
12. Someone who has changed your life.
Not up for writing letters?
You can do this in a variety of ways!
- You can do acts of kindness for these people (one per day)
- You can pray for these people
- You can shoot them a quick text or email
- Post a picture of this person on Instagram or Facebook along with a kind & short note (be sure to tag them!) like the one I did below after I wrote this post about being more grateful.
Get your kids involved in this!
This can be something you do, as well as something your kids do. Your younger kids might need a little bit of help, but there are many great ways they can participate.
*This can be done at any time of year (not just at Christmas time).
**This can be done anonymously, if you'd prefer.
Tell me... how have you put your own twist on the 12 Days of Christmas?
May I also interest you in any of these posts?